The application period for the Arlington Regional Master Naturalists’ Spring 2018 Volunteer Training Course is now closed. Training is typically held in the Spring and the Fall. Please check here next Summer or Winter to apply, or click the Contact Us link to request notification about upcoming training.
Agreeing to take the Basic Training Course to become a Master Naturalist requires a high level of commitment, both to complete the training, and most importantly, to perform volunteer service. We are an all-volunteer-run organization and expect that anyone applying to take the training will have the same level of commitment to volunteer service that we have dedicated to developing the program.
- This training program is the basis for meaningful and rewarding volunteer service in support of our natural resources.
- By applying for and accepting entry into a training class, a trainee commits to complete a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer service and 8 hours of continued education each year to become and remain certified as a Virginia Master Naturalist.
- ARMN accepts volunteers from anywhere in Virginia, including neighboring states and the District of Columbia; however, the annually-required 40 volunteer service hours must be done in Virginia in order to count towards the VMN program.
Application Form and Submission Process:
- Fill in the Application as completely as possible. You can type in the information using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Then, print it.
- Mail the completed application with a check for $175 payable to “Arlington Regional Master Naturalists” to:Arlington Regional Master Naturalists
c/o Long Branch Nature Center
625 S. Carlin Springs Road
Arlington, VA 22204
- Checks will not be cashed unless an applicant is accepted into the course; uncashed checks will be returned.
The Virginia Master Naturalist Programs are open to all, regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status.
Please Contact Us if you have questions.