All local jurisdictions, partner organizations, and park managers have resumed volunteer activities in local parks with the following safety guidelines:
- All volunteers must preregister with the project leader to ensure an appropriate group size.
- Masks must be work at all times. Volunteers should bring their own.
- A minimal six-foot distance must be maintained between all persons.
- Volunteers should NOT participate if they have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Volunteers should bring their own work gloves and tools.
- Volunteers should wear long pants, long sleeve shirts, and boots or close-toe shoes, and bring bottled water, and they should bring and use their own bug spray and sunscreen as appropriate.
- Volunteers must sign any volunteer form and waiver as required by the jurisdiction or park manager.
- Be aware that many park facilities, including restrooms, may be closed.
|Last Wednesday of the month||9-11AM||Brandymore Castle Park at 1730 N Roosevelt St,, Arlington and walk up the hill to meet group.||Jo Allen, email@example.com
Sign in will be near basketball ct. (about 1/4 mile from East Falls Church Metro Station).
|Every other Thursday||1-4PM||Upton Hill Regional Park||Jill Barker, firstname.lastname@example.org Trash bags included. Meet in parking lot in the corner near the field, furthest from the batting cages. NOTE: There’s poison ivy in park so dress to cover skin completely, and wash clothes, shoes, and tools afterwards.|
|1st Saturday||9-11AM||HOG Haley Park||To volunteer, click: pre-register here.|
|2nd Saturday||9:30-11:30AM||Gulf Branch Park||Jennifer Soles, 703-228-3403, email@example.com|
|2nd Saturday||1-4PM||Upton Hill Regional Park||Jill Barker, firstname.lastname@example.org Trash bags included. Meet in parking lot in the corner near the field, furthest from the batting cages. NOTE: There’s poison ivy in park so dress to cover skin completely, and wash clothes, shoes, and tools afterwards.|
|3rd Saturday||10AM-Noon||Tuckahoe Park||Mary McLean, 703-966-2047, email@example.com|
|3rd Sunday||2-4PM||Long Branch Park||Steve Young, 703-966-2966, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please sign up via SignUpGenius. We must limit advance signups to10 persons max. If you sign up but can’t make it, please return to SignUpGenius and cancel your registration to free up your slot. Meet in parking lot.|
|4th Sunday||10AM-Noon||Ft. Bennett Park||Mary McCutcheon, 703-217-8850, email@example.com|
Barcroft Park, Sharp Park, Potomac Overlook Regional Park, and Virginia Highlands Park will schedule periodic work parties throughout the year. For Barcroft Park, contact: Marion Jordan, 703-578-0027, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information; for Sharp Park, contact Melanie LaForce, email@example.com, for Potomac Overlook Regional Park, contact Joanne Hutton, firstname.lastname@example.org, and for Virginia Highlands Park, contact Judith Hadley, email@example.com 703-470-3114, .