All local jurisdictions, partner organizations, and park managers have resumed volunteer activities in local parks with the following safety guidelines:
- All volunteers must preregister with the project leader to ensure an appropriate group size.
- Masks must be work at all times. Volunteers should bring their own.
- A minimal six-foot distance must be maintained between all persons.
- Volunteers should NOT participate if they have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Volunteers should bring their own work gloves and tools.
- Volunteers should wear long pants, long sleeve shirts, and boots or close-toe shoes, and bring bottled water, and they should bring and use their own bug spray and sunscreen as appropriate.
- Volunteers must sign any volunteer form and waiver as required by the jurisdiction or park manager.
- Be aware that many park facilities, including restrooms, may be closed.
|Last Wednesday of the month||9-11AM||Brandymore Castle Park at 1730 N Roosevelt St,, Arlington and walk up the hill to meet group.||Jo Allen, email@example.com
Sign in will be near basketball ct. (about 1/4 mile from East Falls Church Metro Station).
|Every other Thursday||Noon-3PM||Upton Hill Regional Park||Jill Barker, firstname.lastname@example.org Trash bags included. Meet in parking lot in the corner near the field, furthest from the batting cages. NOTE: There’s poison ivy in park so dress to cover skin completely, and wash clothes, shoes, and tools afterwards.|
|1st Saturday||9-11AM||HOG Haley Park||Jennifer Frum, 703-979-4925, email@example.com|
|2nd Saturday||9:30-11:30AM||Gulf Branch Park||Jennifer Soles, 703-228-3403, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|2nd Saturday||Noon- 3PM||Upton Hill Regional Park||Jill Barker, email@example.com Trash bags included. Meet in parking lot in the corner near the field, furthest from the batting cages. NOTE: There’s poison ivy in park so dress to cover skin completely, and wash clothes, shoes, and tools afterwards.|
|3rd Saturday||10AM-Noon||Tuckahoe Park||Mary McLean, 703-966-2047, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3rd Sunday||2-4PM||Long Branch Park||Steve Young, 703-966-2966, email@example.com. Please sign up via Eventbrite in advance to ensure safe numbers. Meet in parking lot.|
|4th Sunday||10AM-Noon||Ft. Bennett Park||Mary McCutcheon, 703-217-8850, firstname.lastname@example.org|
Barcroft Park, Sharp Park, Potomac Overlook Regional Park, and Virginia Highlands Park will schedule periodic work parties throughout the year. For Barcroft Park, contact: Marion Jordan, 703-578-0027, email@example.com for more information; for Sharp Park, contact Melanie LaForce, firstname.lastname@example.org, for Potomac Overlook Regional Park, contact Joanne Hutton, email@example.com, and for Virginia Highlands Park, contact Judith Hadley, firstname.lastname@example.org 703-470-3114, .