All local jurisdictions, partner organizations, and park managers have resumed volunteer activities in local parks with the following safety guidelines:
- All volunteers must preregister with the project leader to ensure an appropriate group size.
- Masks must be work at all times. Volunteers should bring their own.
- A minimal six-foot distance must be maintained between all persons.
- Volunteers should NOT participate if they have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Volunteers should bring their own work gloves and tools unless otherwise noted.
- Volunteers should wear long pants, long sleeve shirts, and boots or close-toe shoes, and bring bottled water, and they should bring and use their own bug spray and sunscreen as appropriate.
- Volunteers must sign any volunteer form and waiver as required by the jurisdiction or park manager.
- Be aware that many park facilities, including restrooms, may be closed.
|Last Wednesday of the month||9-11AM||Brandymore Castle at 1730 N Roosevelt St,, Arlington and walk up the hill to meet group.||Jo Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign up via SignUpGenius. Sign in will be near basketball ct. (about 1/4 mile from East Falls Church Metro Station).
|Thursdays (EXCEPT 1-20-22)||1-4PM||Upton Hill Regional Park||Jill Barker, email@example.com Trash bags included. Meet in parking lot in the corner near the field, furthest from the batting cages. NOTE: There’s poison ivy in park so dress to cover skin completely, and wash clothes, shoes, and tools afterwards.|
|1st Saturday||9-11AM||“HOG” pull at Haley Park||The areas include spaces in Haley Park, and around Oakridge Elementary and Gunston Middle Schools. To volunteer, please sign up via SignUpGenius.|
|2nd Saturday||9:30-11:30AM||Gulf Branch Park||Jennifer Soles, 703-228-3403, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please sign up via: SignUpGenius.|
|Saturday, Jan 8 and 29, 2022||1-4PM||Upton Hill Regional Park||Jill Barker, email@example.com Trash bags included. Meet in parking lot in the corner near the field, furthest from the batting cages. NOTE: There’s poison ivy in park so dress to cover skin completely, and wash clothes, shoes, and tools afterwards.|
|3rd Saturday||10AM-Noon||Tuckahoe Park||Mary McLean, 703-966-2047, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please sign up via: SignUpGenius.|
|3rd Sunday||2-4PM||Long Branch at Glencarlyn Park||Steve Young, 703-966-2966, email@example.com. Please sign up via: SignUpGenius. We must limit advance signups to10 persons max. If you sign up but can’t make it, please return to SignUpGenius and cancel your registration to free up your slot. Meet in parking lot.|
|4th Saturday||10AM-Noon||Ft. Scott Park||Terri McPalmer, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please sign up via SignUpGenius. Meet in the parking lot. Wear long pants, long sleeves, and sturdy footwear; bring your own water bottle (we can refill it); garden gloves, and tools if you have them—weeders, clippers, loppers, small saws (if not, we’ll have extras).|
|4th Saturday||9AM-Noon||Donaldson Run Park||Kit Britton, 703-585-7227, email@example.com. Please sign up via SignUpGenius. Includes invasive removals/erosion work at both Donaldson Run Park and GW Memorial Parkway. Meet at 4020 30th St. N., at the sign for “Donaldson Run Nature Area.” Gloves and tools provided. Wear boots or other sturdy shoes.|
|4th Sunday||10AM-Noon||Ft. Bennett Park||Mary McCutcheon, 703-217-8850, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please sign up via: SignUpGenius. Park at 2133 N. Taft and walk to the castle clearing where there will also be a sign-in sheet.|
Barcroft Park, Sharp Park, Potomac Overlook Regional Park, and Virginia Highlands Park will schedule periodic work parties throughout the year. For Barcroft Park, contact: Marion Jordan, 703-578-0027, email@example.com for more information; for Sharp Park, contact Melanie LaForce, firstname.lastname@example.org, for Potomac Overlook Regional Park, contact Joanne Hutton, email@example.com, and for Virginia Highlands Park, contact Judith Hadley, firstname.lastname@example.org 703-470-3114, .