The Arlington Regional Master Naturalists is offering a Spring 2013 Basic Training Course, beginning February 26, 2013 on Tuesday evenings from 7:00pm to 10:00pm at Long Branch Nature Center in Arlington. The Course will run for approximately 14 weeks. Field training will be scheduled on four Saturdays – March 23, April 13, May 4, and May 18. As of 2/6/13, there are still openings in the class. Please apply as soon as possible.
Expected schedules for upcoming Basic Training Classes:
- Fall 2013: Mondays, beginning 9/9/13, with Classroom Instruction in the morning and Field Training in the afternoon
Contact Us if you would like to be notified when future class info is finalized.
Applying to take the Basic Training Course and to become a Master Naturalist requires a high level of commitment; both to complete the training, and most importantly, to volunteer service. We are an all-volunteer run organization and expect that anyone applying to take the training will have the same level of commitment to volunteer service that we have dedicated to developing the program.
- By applying and accepting a spot in a training class, trainees are committing to complete a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer service and 8 hours of advanced training, each year, in order to become and remain certified.
- This is much more than a fun and interesting adult education program – this is a training program leading to meaningful and rewarding volunteer service in support of our natural resources.
How to Apply
- Read the Basic Training Course information
- Fill in and Print the Application as completely as possible
- Mail the application with a check for $175 payable to “Arlington Regional Master Naturalists” to:
Arlington Regional Master Naturalists
c/o Long Branch Nature Center
625 S. Carlin Springs Road
Arlington, VA 22204
- Checks will not be cashed unless an applicant is accepted into the course; uncashed checks will be returned.